Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Connect with us

AFC Bournemouth

West Ham dramatically snub EFL star as transfer focus realigned

Published

on

West Ham are unlikely to sign Said Benrahma from Brentford as they look to seal a deal for Josh King instead.

The Hammers had agreed a fee with the Bees for the Algerian playmaker and it had been suggested that he was due to have a medical with the Londoners before linking up with David Moyes’ side ahead of Friday’s transfer deadline.

However, that is no longer the case, with the Mirror revealing that West Ham are set to call off their pursuit of the 25-year-old and they will instead turn their attention to the Bournemouth forward.

The update claims landing the Norwegian international has been the priority for Moyes this window and he has now urged the club to finalise a deal with the Cherries over securing Benrahma.

Any deal for King will be cheaper than the believed £25-30m that the Bees were demanding as the versatile forward has entered the final year of his deal on the south coast.

Meanwhile, Aston Villa and Fulham were said to be considering late bids for Benrahma and he will seemingly now be back on the market.

The verdict

This is a real shock as Benrahma’s move to West Ham appeared to be at a very advanced stage and many thought it was a matter of time before it was signed off.

But, it should ultimately be down to the manager and if he thinks King is the better option then the board are right to back him.

Whether that is the right call is open to debate and it will be interesting to see if any other club agrees the same deal for Benrahma, who is undoubtedly talented.

Thoughts? Let us know in the comments below.


ScoopDragon Football News Network

Article title: West Ham dramatically snub EFL star as transfer focus realigned

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: