Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Connect with us

Round-Ups

Watford transfer round-up: Bids expected for attackers but full-back set to stay

Published

on

Following their relegation from the Premier League at the end of last season, it has been a promising start to the Championship season for Watford.

Under new manager Vladimir Ivic, the Hornets currently sit seventh in the Championship table, with seven points from their four league games so far this season.

Whether or not they can build on that to eventually secure a swift return to the Premier League remains to be seen, although any business that gets done between now and the close of the summer transfer window at 5pm on Friday afternoon could have a significant influence on that.

So here, we’ve taken a look at the latest transfer news coming in and out Vicarage Road ahead of tomorrow’s deadline.

Troy Deeney

Having played just one minute of league football this season, it does seem as though Deeney’s future could lie away from Watford.

The experienced striker has been linked with a move away from Vicarage Road this summer, with Premier League quartet Southampton, Brighton, West Brom and West Ham all said to be interested in Deeney.

Now it seems as though Watford are preparing for that interest in Deeney to ramp up considerably, with the latest reports from The Daily Mail claiming that the Hornets are expecting to receive offers for the striker before the window closes.

Andre Gray

Like Deeney, Gray has failed to force his way into Ivic’s side this season, and like Deeney, it also appeas as though Gray could be one his way in the next day or so.

According to recent updates, Watford are also expecting to receive offers for Gray – who has two years remaining on his contract with the Hornets – before Friday’s transfer deadline.

Although it remains to be seen where Gray’s next destination will be, the 29-year-old is another who has been linked with West Brom over the course of the transfer window.

Ismaila Sarr

Having already seen off Manchester United’s apparent interest in Sarr, it seems as though Watford all also holding off interest in the winger from elsewhere, for the time being at least.

Reports over the weekend the had claimed that Crystal Palace are lining up a £30million bid for Sarr, who the Hornets apparently still value at around £40million.

However, fresh updates have now revealed that Palace are still yet to make their bid for Sarr, with time running out for them to do so, although there is still said to be interest from the Premier League club, meaning this is one that may yet go right down to the wire.

Kiko Femenia

One player who it seems increasingly likely will be staying at Vicarage Road beyond the end of the current transfer window, is full-back Kiko Femenia.

Despite previous interest from Spartak Moscow, it is now thought that Femenia is finding it hard to secure himself another club, despite his desire to move on from Watford this summer.

As a result, the Argentine is said to be willing to remain at Watford until the end of the year at least, before reassessing his options in the January transfer window, when he will be into the final six months of his contract with the club.


UCLan Sports Journalism graduate, been writing for Football League World since March 2019. I've previously worked for the likes of Blackburn Rovers and Opta, among others.

ScoopDragon Football News Network

Article title: Watford transfer round-up: Bids expected for attackers but full-back set to stay

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: