As with every other team in the Football League, Charlton Athletic’s match this weekend has been postponed and no football will be played until April 3.
It comes as the coronavirus outbreak continues to worsen around the country with the decision finally being made by the relevant authorities to put the season on hold.
Lee Bowyer still held his press conference on Thursday, however, ahead of the planned clash with Hull City. But there was far more on the agenda than just pre-match talk.
Here is a round-up of what the Addicks’ boss had to say…
Can you remember where these 15 ex-Charlton players moved after leaving?
Unsurprisingly, top of the agenda was the civil war that continues to rumble on between chairman Matt Southall and majority shareholder Tahnoon Nimer, with accusations flying around from both as they look to force one another out of the door.
Bowyer said at his conference that he would have rathered everything had come out in January, instead of erupting as the club hit a rough patch of form.
He also said that the players would be talked to on the issues facing the club and that he would do his best to pick them up, having also revealed that Southall had told them money was likely to run out before Christmas.
But Bowyer was quick to emphasise that he was up for the fight, saying he does not want to walk away having turned down chances to do just that earlier in the campaign already.
The EFL were also in the manager’s cross-hairs, calling on them to change their regulations when it comes to people buying football clubs. Prospective owners should have to put money in a separate account to prove that it will be invested into the club, according to Bowyer.
It looks like being a rough ride at Charlton again, but they can at least know that they have a manager who is fully committed.