Mark Warburton has wasted no time in reshaping his Queens Park Rangers squad ahead of the 2019/20 campaign, with three new faces arriving at Loftus Road.
Liam Kelly, Lee Wallace and Yoann Barbet have all put pen to paper at the West London club, with the R’s now looking to offload a few players in order to bring new ones in.
It has been well-documented that playmaker Luke Freeman is attracting interest from Sheffield United, after scoring eight goals and producing six assists last season.
But now, West London Sport claim that Massimo Luongo could be on his way out of Loftus Road this summer, with his future at the club looking far from certain.
The Australia international is entering the final year of his contract at Loftus Road, and due to financial issues, he would have to take a pay cut if he were going to stay at the club beyond next season.
This may now mean that the R’s look to cash in on the midfielder this summer, rather than run the risk of letting him leave for free next year.
Here, we take a look at QPR fans’ reactions to this news…
Not fussed at all if Luongo goes for decent money. Too average imo
— Jeff (@JabHookNQPR) June 24, 2019
BANG average. A 6 out of 10 player 80% of the time. The other 20% less than a 6.
— Dan Rutherford (@randomranger) June 24, 2019
Hahaha take luongo most over hyped player think we have ever had
— Ryan (@Lark_star) June 24, 2019
Might be an unpopular opinion, but Luongo would almost be a bigger loss than Freeman. Not worth as much in the market, but with 2 or 3 players of potential to 'replace' Freemans position, there isn't anyone that can do what Mass does. Very underrated contribution.
— Alan Simpson (@alansimps1984) June 24, 2019
Cash in on Luongo, no great loss
— Ian qpr (@Ianexall1) June 24, 2019
Not renewing no way!
— Rangers Till I Die 86 (@rangers_86) June 24, 2019
Staggering we could get less than £4m for Freeman and Luongo. #qpr
— David Williams (@DavidWQPR) June 24, 2019