Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Connect with us

Sky Bet League Two

Sky Bet League Two Midweek Round-up



Rochdale went top of the Sky Bet League One with a comfortable 3-0 victory over Northampton Town at the Sixfields Stadium despite having 10 men for over most of the second half.

Ian Henderson put the Dale in front on 6 minutes with a low drive from close range before Matthew Lund doubled the away side’s lead on 54 minutes but was shown a second yellow card for his goal celebration.


Rochdale are not top of the League One table

Joe Bunney wrapped up the win converting from Henderson’s pass.

Northampton remain in the bottom two places and are now four points adrift.

Rochdale’s win saw Chesterfield knocked off top spot after being beaten by Plymouth Argyle. Reuben Reid grabbed both goals for Argyle with Ritchie Humphreys grabbing a goal for Chesterfield in between. The victory moves Plymouth up to 7th in League Two.

An injury-time winner gave Torquay United a much needed win in their fight for survival win a 2-1 win over Bury at Plainmoor. Lee Mansell scored after just eight minutes with a header from Dale Tonge’s cross but Conal Platt equalised for the visitors.

Substitute Ashley Yeoman, back after a loan spell at Dorchester Town, pounced on a loose ball with seconds remaining to give The Gulls a vital win.

Accrington Stanley ease their relegation worries with an impressive 5-1 win over Morecambe. Stanley were 2-0 up inside eleven minutes through Lee Molyneux and Kal Naismith’s penalty. The win was pretty much wrapped up inside the first 15 minutes of the second 45 when Dean Winnard tapped in from close range and Tom Aldred headed the ball into the net from Molyneux’s cross.

Molyneux was unlucky with an effort that hit the bar but Morecambe found a consolation goal when Padraig Amond bundled the ball into the net from a corner. Molyneux was to grab a second in the 90th minute with a finish from inside the Morecambe penalty area.

Wycombe Wanderers grabbed a point at Cheltenham Town in their fight to avoid to relegation. Wycombe had a goal disallowed in the opening five minutes when Steven Craig was judged to have committed a foul in the build up.

Cheltenham took the lead on 68 minutes when Bryon Harrison’s found the back of the net with a header.

Wycombe equalised with 11 minutes left when Dean Morgan converted a penalty kick after Steve Elliott fouled Jo Kuffour.

Wycombe move up one place to 19th, four points from safety whilst Cheltenham stay 11th and are now unbeaten in their last five.

ScoopDragon Football News Network

Article title: Sky Bet League Two Midweek Round-up

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: