Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Connect with us

Sheffield United

Revealed: 56% of fans have a surprising view on Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder

Published

on

Sheffield United have been superb under Chris Wilder since his appointment, with the Blades rising from Sky Bet League One into the Championship, where they look like a side capable of mounting a serious challenge for a place back in the top-flight this season.  

Wilder brought the Blades into the Championship having achieved over 100 points in League One last season, and his side have continued to progress despite finding themselves in a different division, surprising many in the second-tier.

After 13 fixtures of the 2017/18 campaign, the Blades sit third in the Championship table, level on points with Cardiff City, who are second, and just two behind current leaders, Wolverhampton Wanderers.

On Friday evening Sheffield United have the opportunity to temporarily move to the top of the Championship table, if they beat Leeds United in the weekend’s opening fixture, which highlights the incredible job Wilder is doing in South Yorkshire.

With Premier League managers beginning to lose their jobs, and Wilder excelling in the Championship, here at FLW, we asked our followers if they believed the Sheffield United boss was good enough for the Premier League.

Surprisingly, only 44% of voters on our poll believe Wilder was good enough to take the step up to the top-flight, with the other 56% in belief that he isn’t.

Sheffield United fans… Let us know your thoughts!


Alfie is a journalist based in Yorkshire with years of experience covering the EFL. A current focus on Huddersfield Town and their fortunes back in the Championship, but out and about at as many games as possible. Covered Leeds United during their promotion-winning season in 2019/20.

ScoopDragon Football News Network

Article title: Revealed: 56% of fans have a surprising view on Sheffield United boss Chris Wilder

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: