Burnley are not in a position to move for Tyrese Campbell, according to Alan Nixon of The Sun.
Reports from Football Insider have claimed that both the Clarets and Wolverhampton Wanderers are interested in a move for the Stoke City striker.
Campbell has established himself as one of the hottest prospects outside of the Premier League after scoring seven goals already this term.
At 20 years of age, the striker is very much in the upward curve of his career and that is why such clubs are said to be interested in making a move for him.
The son of Kevin Campbell, the Potters’ starlet started his youth career at Manchester City before signing a professional deal with Stoke City.
Since then his reputation has gone from strength to strength with clubs such as Rangers and Celtic also said to have held previous interest in the striker.
However it’s Burnley and Wolves who may be looking to make a move next month.
While the interest from Nuno Espirito Santo’s side is an unknown quantity, Alan Nixon of The Sun has claimed that the Clarets may not be in a position to make a move in January due to the ongoing speculation over a takeover deal.
Burnley chase loads. But until the takeover happens can’t see any spending. https://t.co/2wjyt0UnBD
— Alan Nixon (@reluctantnicko) December 10, 2020
Quiz: Which club did Stoke City sell each of these 20 players to?
It’s certainly going to be a nerve-wracking few weeks for Stoke City.
Obviously it’s great that Tyrese Campbell is performing well enough to attract such interest, but it means it could be a struggle to keep hold of him.
Whether a move will transpire next month or not remains to be seen, but it’s only a matter of time before the 20-year-old makes that step up to Premier League level.