Coventry City striker Marcus Tudgay has admitted to the Coventry Telegraph he expects to be playing his football elsewhere by the end of the month, despite scoring in the Sky Blues’ 2-0 victory at Walsall on Saturday.
Tudgay, who only joined the West Midlands club in July, has been told he can leave the Ricoh Arena by manager Steven Pressley.
“I can’t see one goal changing an opinion,” Tudgay told the Coventry Telegraph.
“It’s been a roller coaster week for me. I was in the gaffer’s office on Monday, we had a conversation and, basically, I had no career left here.
“We all felt it was right for me to move on but football being football, Gary Madine took a knock on Friday morning and I was straight in.
“This might be my last game, who knows, but the one thing I will say is I always give 110 per cent when I am out there. It might not always go the way I want it but I’ll always work my socks off.
Tudgay was previously at Championship outfit Nottingham Forest where he found himself frozen out of the starting eleven at the club, before securing a move to Coventry in July.
“I’ve been here a long time, six months or so, and I can’t become a bad player and then suddenly a good player again overnight.
“They’ve made it clear that they can’t give me football from January onwards and that’s it – I’m man enough to get on with it and not sulk.”
At the age of 31, Tudgay is reaching the latter stages of his career, however with a wealth of Football League experience under his belt it wouldn’t be a surprise to see him snapped up by a club quickly after his departure.