Championship side Hull City have been dealt a significant blow in their pursuit of Cardiff’s Kenneth Zohore, as Bluebirds chairman Mehmet Dalman has said that’s he not for sale via Wales Online.
The 23-year-old only moved to the South Wales outfit last year following a successful loan spell at the club earlier in the year, and then improved again last term with 12 goals and five assists in just 29 league games for Neil Warnock’s side, helping them to a 12th place finish.
The Denmark international finished as the club’s top-scorer last season to underline his absolute importance to the club, and his fine goal-scoring form has reportedly attracted interest from Leonid Slutsky’s Hull, as well as two other unnamed clubs.
Yet Cardiff chairman Dalman has spoken out about speculation over Zohore’s future, and has made it abundantly clear that he will be not be leaving the club this summer.
He said: ‘He is not going anywhere.
‘We have a job to do here, he’s a huge part of that and he will do a great job for us in the coming season.’
These comments are sure to delight Cardiff fans as well as strike a significant blow in the plans of Slutsky and his Hull side, who will return to the Championship in August after failing to avoid relegation from the Premier League.
The Tigers have brought in just two new additions so far this summer in the form of Liam Edwards and Ola Aina, yet it doesn’t appear that the North East outfit will be able to stump the necessary cash required to prize Zohore away from Cardiff, with it reported that they are holding out for a staggering £15 million at least.
Thus, it seems incredibly likely that the 23-year-old will be lining up for Warnock’s men in their first Championship game of the season at Burton on August 5.
Cardiff and Hull fans… what do you make of the news? Let us know your thoughts and opinions in the comments below!