Former Liverpool player Jose Enrique has claimed on Instagram that Harry Wilson moving to Fulham would be the best thing for all parties concerned.
As previously reported by Goal, the Whites are said to be leading the £15 million race to sign the winger this summer, with Liverpool seemingly open to selling the 24-year-old.
Marco Silva is yet to have made any signings since taking over the role from Scott Parker at Craven Cottage and seemingly views the Wales international as the perfect new recruit to kick start his West London revolution.
And it’s clear that Enrique agrees that a deal would be best for all parties involved, as he stated the following:
— Subhankar Mondal (@subhankarjourno) July 20, 2021
The higher or lower Fulham transfer fee quiz – can you get 20/20?
The Reds are said to be focusing on selling a lot of their fringe players this summer in order to make back some money that they shelled out on new signings over the past few seasons.
Therefore it appears that Wilson’s days are numbered at Anfield after failing to make a single first team appearance since signing for the club back in 2018.
Wilson spent last season on loan with Cardiff City and racked up an impressive seven goals and 11 assists for the Bluebirds before his return to Merseyside.
I have to agree with Enrique on this one, I do think it would suit both Fulham and Liverpool for a deal to be struck for Wilson, but can the Whites really afford to shell out such a high fee?
Wilson only has two years remaining on his contract and I think there will be a fear that he could be priced out of a move away from Anfield if the Reds don’t reduce their asking price.
I can’t honestly see too many Championship sides being able to pay £15 million, so I think it would take a lot for Fulham to pull it off.
There’s no doubting he would be a marquee signing for the club but in reality this could be a bit of a pipe dream at that price.