Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Connect with us

Championship News

Former Ipswich Town figure shows interest in purchasing Huddersfield Town

Published

on

Marcus Evans is in negotiations to buy a stake in Huddersfield Town according to Football Insider.

The Terriers have been operating in a very difficult climate since their relegation from the Premier League and have had to stave off battles against dropping to the third tier on the pitch. Financially speaking the Championship is notoriously a basket-case and coming down from the top-flight, usually with players on extortionate wages for the level, can be tough to negotiate.

Huddersfield Town are currently in their final year of parachute payments, meaning they will not have as much financial support from the beginning of next season. That does appear to be a natural time to look to move on from the club if that is the desire of the current incumbents, Phil Hodgkinson and chairman Dean Hoyle.

The former has a 75% stake in the club with the latter covering the remaining 25%. Evans did invest heavily in Ipswich Town over a long period of time, but the position both financially and league position wise they ended up in before his departure, will likely be a cause for concern for Huddersfield Town supporters.

The Terriers are not completely out of the promotion race in the second tier this season and have performed very well to be occupying sixth spot at this stage of the season.

The Verdict

Quiz: Can you name which club Huddersfield Town signed these 28 midfielders from?

1 of 28

Jonathan Hogg

This one comes as a bit of a surprise, Huddersfield carried out a very smart and successful January transfer window without paying any transfer fees and have significantly improved on the pitch. Carlos Corberan appears to be providing the stability at the helm that the Terriers need at this moment in time, and in that a platform for them to launch a more credible second tier promotion push in the coming years.

It will be exciting times for the club if the current ownership are looking for a prospective buyer but Marcus Evans will not be a name that strikes the right note with the fan base. His recent history does not bode well although his financial situation does secure the long term future of the club.


Passionate Football League obsessive and long-suffering Charlton Athletic supporter.

ScoopDragon Football News Network

Article title: Former Ipswich Town figure shows interest in purchasing Huddersfield Town

Please leave feedback to help us improve the site: