AFC Bournemouth will be praying for a strong start to the season ahead.
The Cherries were expected to challenge for promotion back to the Premier League last term but fell short and found themselves in the lottery of the play-offs where they ultimately came unstuck in the semi-finals against Brentford.
But with this summer to get themselves into shape it seems that Scott Parker is looking to do some business.
There could be incomings and outgoings, but what are the latest transfer stories to emerge from the South Coast? We take a look.
Asmir Begovic has sent a message to Bournemouth supporters after completing a move to Everton.
Fabrizio Romano revealed on Twitter that the Toffees were considering a bargain move for the Bournemouth stopper as Rafa Benitez looks to strengthen his squad ahead of the upcoming Premier League season.
That deal was announced on Tuesday evening with Begovic expressing his gratitude to supporters for his time at the club.
Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone at @afcbournemouth and the city of Bournemouth for supporting me over my 2 spells at the football club.
— Asmir Begovic (@asmir1) July 20, 2021
He said: “Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone at Bournemouth and the city of Bournemouth for supporting me over my 2 spells at the football club.
“I wish you all the very best in the future and see you around.”
Bournemouth could be set for a financial windfall as speculation builds over the goalkeeper’s future.
Reports emerged in the Daily Mail earlier this month suggested that Arsenal were considering a £20million offer for the Sheffield United man as they look to strengthen their squad ahead of the new season.
It’s only been 12 months since the 23-year-old completed his move from the South Coast, and as well as pocketing £18.5million for the signing, the Cherries also hold a 15% sell-on clause in his contract which means that they’d benefit from any potential move, as per reports from the Daily Express.
Villarreal are leading the hunt to sign the Bournemouth star, according to reports from The Sun.
The Spanish side tabled a £13m offer for Danjuma earlier this month but had the offer rejected by the Cherries.
While there’s still significant interest from the Premier League, with clubs like West Ham and Southampton said to be keen, it seems that the La Liga side are still seen as the most likely destination for the prolific forward.